Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pond Save




One of the many reasons why I love Mike:

He invented "Pond Save".

We have a pond in the back yard, and it frequently gets covered with a blanket of weeds. So over the years Mike has experimented with a variety of natural ways to get rid of the weeds. The pond is fairly shallow so he's gone out there in hip waders occasionally and mucked it out. But then he came up with his invention.

What is Pond Save?

Well, It's a rake, attached to what looks like an old broom handle with electrical tape, which is attached to a hockey stick with electrical tape. He flings this thing into the water and pulls it back towards himself. The rake full of dripping weeds is deposited into his yard wagon. I asked him once why he does it this way and he started waxing about the benefit of exercise and fresh air, etc etc etc........

So I guess I felt this whole thing was blog worthy because tonight Mike was back there again, and I went down there to keep him company and watch what he was doing and it made me just laugh out loud. This ridiculous looking contraption is so endearingly "him". He heard me laughing and he asked me why and he reminded me that he had named it "pond save". The fact that he named it - also endearing.

Mike said that wind conditions tonight were perfect for pond skimming.

Gotta love that guy..........

No comments:

Post a Comment